VEGAN PAD THAI WITH PEANUT SAUCE
I am IN LOVE with this vegan Pad Thai recipe. The vibrant colours don't just look pretty, they scream major nutrition.
GREEN, ORANGE, PURPLE, BROWN AND WHITE = NUTRIENTS, AND LOTS OF 'EM!
This was the first dish I made after I purchased a spiralizer while attending the Vancouver VegExpo. I wanted to create something other than a zucchini pasta/pesto dish. Then it hit me - Pad Thai, yo! Creamy, crunchy, and cooling for the hot weather. PAD. THAI.
VEGAN PAD THAI WITH PEANUT SAUCE (SERVES 2)
Print recipe HERE.
- 1 large zucchini, spiraled or julienned*
- 1 large carrot, shaved or julienned
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup organic edamame
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- small bunch chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. unhulled sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. hemp hearts
*because of the water content of zucchini, it may be wise to use paper towel to absorb some of the excess water. You don't want soggy Pad Thai!
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (the ONLY ingredient should be peanuts!)
- 2 tbsp. coconut soy sauce
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2-3 tbsp. filtered water
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- In a large bowl, combine spiraled zucchini, carrot, cabbage, edamame and bean sprouts. Sprinkle with chives, sesame seeds and hemp hearts.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut soy sauce, ginger and lime. Stir together. Gradually add water until desired texture is achieved (you don't want it too thick or too thin - happy medium).
- Drizzle peanut sauce over vegetable base and toss. Serve immediately.
Always strive to eat with the rainbow and be confident you're nourishing your body with the good stuff!