The chickpea - my absolute favourite legume. Today, I'm sharing a yummy recipe for roasted chickpeas. Full of protein, fibre, iron, and so much more!
ROASTED CHICKPEAS ARE A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO HIGH-SALT, OIL LADEN CORN NUTS OR CHIPS. THEY OFFER A NICE CRUNCH AND HELP KEEP YOU FULL.
As you'll see in the picture above, roasted chickpeas make a great addition to salads. They are super easy to make and the flavour combinations are endless!
Print recipe HERE.
- 540 ml can chickpeas, drained/rinsed/patted dry with towel
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until chickpeas are completed coated.
- Spread chickpeas onto a large baking sheet and roast for 30-50 minutes. Roasting times vary between ovens and desired crunch. I myself found 35 minutes to be good.
- Remove from heat and let cool 3 minutes. Chickpeas will continue to harden for a short while after removal from oven.
- Enjoy warm and store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The salad featured above is made with a green base (spinach, kale, chard), roasted chickpeas, celery, cauliflower, avocado, chia seeds and tahini dressing.