GREEN MACHINE POPSICLES
This simple recipe has been my most popular recipe to date.
It's made with spinach, and it's spectacular! So much so that in only a couple days of posting it on social media, it's been shared 105+ times and has received the most praise to date out of any of my previous recipe posts - over something so simple, but highly effective in getting those picky eaters to eat their greens! (adults included)
GREEN MACHINE POPSICLE (MAKES 4)
Print recipe HERE.
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 ripe banana, peeled & sliced
- large handful fresh spinach (approx 1 cup)
- 1-1.5 cups coconut water (or water, nut milk, coconut milk)
- 1/2 Medjool date (optional - adds extra sweetness)
- Throw all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to popsicle molds and freeze for several hours or overnight.
That's it! And yes, it's totally just a smoothie that I froze. Yet somehow doing so, creating a more appealing visual, entices those picky eaters to dig in and eat those greens. If you're new to the green smoothie world, you'll be happy to know that you can't taste the spinach in this recipe. Another perk is that the banana and coconut water help to replenish electrolytes that are lost in our sweat during physical activity and while soaking up the sun.