LOADED COCONUT CURRY
Today, I have the perfect summer curry for you - loaded with vegetables, light, and fragrant with aromatic spices. What I love about this dish is that it's hearty, without leaving you feeling heavy and sluggish afterwards. Some people prefer to save curries for the colder months, but you can find me enjoying it each and every week!
Pair this curry with some cooked quinoa, rice, naan bread, or enjoy on its own.
LOADED COCONUT CURRY (Serves 3-4)
Print recipe HERE.
- (1) 796ml can of fire roasted tomatoes
- (1) 14oz can of organic light coconut cream
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- large handful fresh green beans, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 large broccoli crown, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- pinch cumin
- pinch turmeric
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat and sauté onion and carrots for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, broccoli, and green beans and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add spices and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add coconut cream and roasted tomatoes, including juices. Simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until all vegetables are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve alongside cooked quinoa, rice or with naan bread.