DECADENT SWEET POTATO NACHOS
Loaded nachos - I used to love them. The more cheese and sour cream the better. I would order a whole basket for myself when I'd be out with friends...and of course, afterwards I'd feel super gross from all the grease and heavy fat. Those days are long gone - I haven't had a greasy nacho swamp in years.
What I love about these sweet potato nachos is how hearty, yet super refreshing + light they are. I shared the plate above with my 3 year old daughter, so I didn't include any spice, but feel free to jazz it up with some fresh jalapeno pepper or chili powder.
Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins and fibre (something you don't get from traditional nachos), and pair well with just about any topping you can think of - sweet or savory. Dress 'em up however you like!
DECADENT SWEET POTATO NACHOS (SERVES 2)
Print recipe HERE.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives,
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted + sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- spritz of fresh lime juice
- pink salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Peel sweet potato and slice into approx. 1/4 inch rounds. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Arrange in single layer onto baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Once cooked, top with avocado, tomato, olives, chives and cilantro. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over everything and enjoy!