POWER GREEN BUDDHA BOWL
Today we're going to power up with some green veggies. The Buddha Bowl I have crafted for you is full of protein, fibre, iron, and of course, green veggies! What I love about this meal is how the roasted broccoli and Brussels sprouts add a sweet caramel flavour.
Although I love how green this bowl is, if you have tons of non-green veggies at home and would like to use those instead, please do!
POWER GREEN BUDDHA BOWL (SERVES 1)
Print recipe HERE.
- 6 Brussels sprouts, halved
- handful fresh spinach
- 4 medium-sized broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup low-sodium veggie stock
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Goddess dressing or hummus
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring veggie stock to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and cook on low heat for 12-15 minutes. Add peas (if frozen) 5 minutes near the end. If using fresh peas, they'll taste so much better raw!
- While quinoa is cooking, roast Brussels sprouts and broccoli in oven for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat once done.
- In a medium bowl, arrange spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and quinoa. Top with cilantro and Goddess dressing or hummus.