ONE-POT MEALS - A BUSY WOMAN'S LIFESAVER!
I must admit, my life before kids was so relaxed and easy going. I would rarely feel the need to rush or wonder where the time went. Since kids, the days tend to go by super fast because it's constantly go-go-go. One minute it's 2 p.m., the next it's 5:50 p.m., and I know my kids will want their dinner by 6 p.m. What's a mom to do?
ONE-POT MEALS - truly my lifesaver! I love that the only dishes are a pot, knife, spoon and cutting board. I also love that they can literally be made of whatever you have on hand and in minutes. Here's the dish that saved me tonight!
ONE-POT PASTA LOADED WITH VEGGIES (SERVES 4)
Print recipe HERE.
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa rotini
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. basil, chopped
- handful asparagus, trimmed
- handful spinach, stems removed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients (except olive oil, pine nuts, basil and spinach) in large pan. Bring to a full boil on high heat.
- Cover and simmer on low heat about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep in mind that different pastas will have different cooking times - it's best to cook as directed on packaging.
- Add spinach to pan, cover and continue cooking about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Add olive oil, basil and pine nuts. Add more salt/pepper, if needed. Toss and serve.