LOADED AVOCADO TOAST
Today I'm sharing with you a variation of my absolute favourite snack - avocado toast. Super simple to make, extremely versatile, and full of healthy fats and protein. It's no joke that the avocado is considered a superfood!
Peppery arugula paired with sweet fig + smooth avocado paired with crunchy chia seeds = pure nutritional bliss.
If you're not a bread person, try this recipe on a rice cake or small pita.
LOADED AVOCADO TOAST (SERVES 1)
Print recipe HERE.
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled/pit removed
- small handful arugula
- 1 slice whole grain or Ezekiel bread
- 1 fig (fresh or dried), sliced
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- Toast bread. If you're like me, you also remove the crust ;)
- Mash avocado onto toast with a fork.
- Layer with arugula and fig. Sprinkle with chia seeds.