Mindset To The Rescue
I used to think all this mindset talk was ‘filler’ material for business coaching programs. I actually recall laughing out loud when I came across a 3 month program that was ALL mindset and several thousand dollars. What a joke. Not wasting my money on THAT!
WELL, I WAS WRONG…
I’ve had a load of A-HA! moments these past 12 months.
There was a point in my business where I had everything you could possibly have in place. I knew my ideal client like we had been besties since birth, I had a fancy website with programs and opt-ins that were calling her name, and I had a list of people just like her. My Facebook ads looked killer and I was constantly putting myself out there. So, why was my calendar still empty?
When things aren’t as exciting in my biz as I’d like them to be, I don’t just go with the flow and hope for the best – I take immediate action and do something about it. I decided to take up an offer for a free consult to help with my ‘feminine energy’. I went into this call with zero expectations. I left with a solution.
While one can’t simply sit on their butt day in and day out and expect clients and money to just fall into their lap, they can tweak their thoughts to change their energy. What happens when you change your energy? Well, in my case at least, you gain an extra sort of oomph that opens the door for abundant possibilities to enter your life. Ever hear the saying “thoughts become things”? TRUE.
IT WAS LITERALLY THE SECOND DAY AFTER I STARTED IMPLEMENTING SOME OF THE SUGGESTIONS I WAS GIVEN ON THAT CALL THAT I GOT A DISCOVERY CALL AND A PAYING CLIENT IN THE SAME DAY.
Alright, let’s keep this going…
Fourth day, another paying client. Fifth day, another discovery call and an invite to speak at an event. As I started to notice the changes in how I felt physically/emotionally/spiritually, I decided to invest in learning more about all things mindset. Now, being a holistic nutritionist, I know all about the mind-body-spirit connection – but I find this particular mindset to be different. It’s a mindset that’s connected to the Universe (or whatever you choose to believe in), and when you learn to nourish this part of yourself, you open yourself up to receive more and more each day.
So, if you feel like you’ve got everything set up nicely in your biz and you’re making yourself visible, but still hear those dang crickets on the reg – try this out, you might be in for a treat:
1. Start your day reciting 5 or 6 affirmations reflecting your business goals.Here are my usual go-to’s?
- I am a money magnet
- Money flows to me
- I always have money for all my desires
- I am looking forward to my $*** this month (insert your desired amount + have a reason for that specific amount)
- My ideal clients are excited to work with me and are on their way to me right now
- I am wealthy, I am successful, I make a difference in the world
Your affirmations can be anything really, but when you say them, you really have to believe them.
2. Be grateful for what you already have. Plain and simple, if you feel stuck in your day job or just bloody hate it altogether, you’ll be feeling that way for a long while. Brainstorm ideas on how to make your job more pleasant. Fresh flowers or family pictures? An inspiring desk calendar? It could even be dressing up in clothes that make you feel confident + important.
3. Live the part. You may feel like you’re nowhere near making 6-figures yet, but it doesn’t mean you can’t at least get a sneak peak into what it would be like. Tap into the vision of how your future 6-figure self looks and feels about herself. What does she do on a regular basis that you can indulge in today? Now, I’m not saying head on down to Holt Renfrew and drop $3K on a sparkly wallet – but I am saying go to a yoga class, get a pedicure, buy that nice shirt you’ve been eyeing, paint your nails the hottest pink you can find – do something for yourself that will leave you feeling wonderful and craving more.
The world of mindset goes above and beyond what I’ve covered here (money stories, fears, doubts, etc.), but it’s a great starting point to have you opening up to receive the abundance you desire and deserve.